PlugIn Stations Online (PISO) in an industry leader in the sales, service, and installation of electric vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure. PISO is looking for a customer-driven, technically focused individual with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude to join our Commercial Operations team as an Application Engineer. Candidates will work within the Commercial Operations (Sales) Team as the technical face of PISO focused on our larger, direct-current fast charging (DCFC) infrastructure projects as well as supporting technically challenging deployments of lower-powered charging equipment. The Application Engineer will report to the VP of Operations with a dotted line to our VP of Project Development. The ideal candidate would be based out of our Valatie, NY office, however, a full-time remote position will be considered based on applicant qualifications.
- Works to support Commercial Operations staff in designing charging systems to meet client needs.
- Weighs client cost, schedule, efficiency, usability, longevity, and futureproofing considerations in making recommendations in support of Sales efforts.
- Helps to develop preliminary designs and supports estimating efforts for project bids
- Supports Commercial Operations Team in responding to Requests for Information (RFI) or Requests for Proposal (RFP) and helps develop winning bid strategies.
- Basic understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding in all work. Understands how the position’s responsibilities integrate with other PISO teams and contributes to those areas.
- Documents technical recommendations, assumptions, estimates, etc. to ensure successful project execution once awarded.
- Collaborates and develops working relationships with PISO Commercial Operations Team, PISO Field Team, and directly with client contacts.
- Explains technical aspects of projects in a way that makes them understandable to others that do not have the same technical knowledge base.
- Works to develop own knowledge and capabilities, particularly in maintaining awareness and understanding of new/developing charging and battery technologies as they relate to PISO’s market strategies and client needs.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to document, plan, budget, and execute.
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience in Engineering/Technology & Customer Application Engineering. Knowledge level comparable to a bachelor’s degree (Mechanical/Electrical) from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma with relevant experience).
- Computer skills (MS Office, Google Suite).
- Ability to work and communicate with local and remote personnel.
- Detail-oriented and customer-focused individual.
- Working understanding of commercial and/or utility electrical systems.
- Desire to be part of the fast-growing EV industry.
- Previous electrical infrastructure or EV industry experience.
- Graduate degree in electrical engineering or other relevant discipline.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD.
- Electrical PE.
PISO offers a great work environment, health and retirement benefits, challenging careers and competitive compensation. PISO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
PISO will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screening (if applicable).
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Join the Revolution
If you’re interested in buying and/or installing one in your area, reach out to us today for more information.Contact Us